Whether it’s complex governmental regulation or competition from generic products, healthcare reform or insurance claims, the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries face their share of challenges. So when it comes to environmental challenges, whether its hazardous or non-hazardous waste management, emergency spill response, biohazardous threats, or even WMD events, SWS Environmental Services (SWS) can be a trusted partner in solving your environmental challenges.
LAB PACK SERVICES
Departments responsible for the development and implementation of proper management practices occasionally have expired or unwanted chemicals that are commonly encountered and stored in lab environments. Expired or unwanted chemicals of this type require proper handling and disposal by trained personnel. SWS performs lab packing services specifically designed to manage materials of this type for the purpose of properly managing unwanted stockpiles of laboratory and industrial chemicals. SWS personnel are trained to segregate, containerize and dispose of these chemicals following established safety and regulatory guidelines. Our waste services managers and field chemists are fully trained, have extensive experience with chemical disposal and lab packing services, and are experts in EPA, DOT, and OSHA regulations. Lab pack services can be arranged as single instance, periodic or routine projects.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES
SWS Environmental Services specializes in emergency response and professionally conducts cleanup operations for more than three thousand spills every year using highly trained, experienced and proficient personnel.With decades of combined experience dealing in a wide array of emergencies, our major projects have included large-scale petroleum product, chemical and hazardous material spills, multi-car train derailments, industrial facility explosions, transportation accidents, biological threats, and disaster cleanup and recovery. The following highlight circumstances that may be encountered within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries:
- Biohazardous or Biological Incidents
- Oil, Fuel or Chemical Spill Containment and Cleanup
- Post-Fire Cleanup and Restoration
- Disaster Response and Recovery Support
- Large-Scale Fire, Water and Flood Damage Repair
- Debris Clearing and Removal
- Mercury Containing Devices and Preparations
WASTE MANAGEMENT – HAZARDOUS & NON-HAZARDOUS
The disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste is managed through identifying, classification and disposal in compliance with federal, state and local rules & regulations.
- Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal Including Non-DEA Schedule Materials
- Lab Interceptor Sumps and Acid Neutralization Sump Cleaning and Disposal
- Drummed Waste Including Water Treatment Chemicals, Cleaners, Paints, Oils, Universal Bulbs, Batteries and Electronics
- X-Ray Operations Waste Including Developers, Lead Shielding, Lead Aprons/Protective Garments, Lead Containing Debris
- Biohazardous Waste Disposal